Monday, June 08, 2020

Crow Pose Program Session 15

Prepare
Today's GMB Mobility session focusing on Hips.

My mobility in the Monkey 180 turning to the left is now pretty close to turning to the right.  At the start of GMB Mobility, I felt a lot tighter turning to the left.

Practice
P1 Level A Week 1 Day 5 session

Play
Crow Pose practice out of Bent-Arm Monkey #3

Push
Extra Tuck Hold practice set just to double-check that I am indeed following all the cues while working at my current lvel.

Ponder
Modified P1 so that I can practice Inverted Press every session.  This movement is a little bit friendlier to my suspect shoulder than any of the pushup variations.  Also, I intend to start working on the handstand pushup and handstand progressions in the near future, as well as continue working on Crow Pose - the pressing from this angle is more applicable than the pushup.  Another modification is to practice the Tuck Hold every session.  Achieving the L-Sit is not an immediate priority, but the Plank Side to Side puts me in that slightly problematic pushup position, so I thought I might as well replace it with the Tuck Hold.

P1 Assessment:

Inverted Press - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Challenging

Front Dips - Quality: Smooth,  Ease: Relaxed.
Feels very easy to me but I can continue to work on refining my form - keep the scapula depressed, don't allow shoulders to shrug, chest up, etc. - all habits that should help improve my L-Sit progression.

Plank Hold - Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid.
Tried practicing with hollow body but forgot to lock down the core. So I'll work on keeping the butt squeezed and abs tight for a nice straight line for up to a full minute, then progress to doing the same with the hollow body.

Tuck Hold - 14 sec. Quality: Rough. Ease: Solid
Quality was rough because I've never put in significant time alternating legs for L-Sit practice. I'd previously just did a hold with one leg at a time for the duration. 20 sec. with alternating legs, with one leg in high tuck (knee close to chest, heels close to butt) and the other leg with toe on floor, was too short. A full minute was too long. Next time I'll try setting the timer to 40 sec. for one set

Mountain Climbers - Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid

No comments:

Post a Comment