Friday, March 09, 2018

Elements: Week 2, Day 5

Day 4 was active recovery day, on which I practiced the Elements warmups, did some cando bar work and zhan zhuang, then some stretches.

My right knee as well as the left knee was starting to feel the effects of being a bit overzealous with the GMB foot health routine.  It's important that any sideways motion of the ankle is not accompanied by sideways motion of the knee, which is easy enough to do when seated, but more difficult when I'm putting weight on the foot.  The lack of an arch in my flat feet is probably contributing to instep soreness, plus I have turf toe from jamming the big toe on the mat in dojos, but adding knee pain to my feet pain is not an answer either.  I will cut any weightbearing foot exercise that involves lateral motion of the ankle

Push focus: Monkey

Practice of the 3 animals was ok. 

Push section was ok as well, though by that point, my wrists were fatigued.  We're instructed to maintain a strong push throughout the Frogger, but it's particularly important for my questionable shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment