Monday, March 05, 2018

Elements Week 2, Day 1

Push Day: Bear

This is the first Push day of the program.  Apparently, it's practice of the 3 animal movements, followed by a "push" session in which the animal of the day is practiced for X number of rounds, finishing with stretches specific for that animal.

Bear - Seemed ok during the first couple of minutes the regular practice portion of the workout, but as fatigue began to accumulate, keeping my butt as high as possible got harder - or I would simply forget about it for a few seconds here and there.  One sign that I've got my butt as high as possible, at my current level, is a stretch on the hamstrings.  Once that stretch is lost, I know the butt is not at the height that it should be.

Monkey - Focused on rocking back into the full deep squat before initiating the next movement.  I noticed I had a tendency to rush through the squat, instead of resetting into the squat, then rocking forward onto my toes to load the hands and arms.

Frogger - Too tired at this point to really concentrate on my form in the Floating Table Top, but did reasonably ok.

Push Bear - Was able to do full 1-min. rounds without stopping, but the butt wasn't as high as it could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment