Thursday, March 01, 2018

Elements: Week 1 Day 5

Focus: Review/practice all three animal movements.

Bear - A little better than last time, as far as keeping the butt in the air.  As with the animals, taking it slow gives me a better opportunity to observe where I'm at with this movement and refine.  One effect of keeping the butt in the air is the legs are getting less bent, adding a slight stretch to the hamstrings.  I had previously achieved hamstring stretches while moving backwards in the Bear, but with stricter observation of butt height, the hammies get stretched in the forward direction too.

Monkey - Pretty much same as yesterday.

Frogger - Pretty much same as couple of days ago.

Cooldown - Got my heels onto the ground more easily in the A-Frame stretch.  Exciting progress, as unlocking the calves is a good milestone on my quests to unlock the hamstrings and improve the strength and mobility of my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment