Friday, January 06, 2017

Today's R1 Training

R1, Phase 2, Level A, Below The Rings (Tuesday, off yesterday)

Pull-ups - 8 reps.  Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid

Inverted Tuck Roll Chin-Up - 4 reps.  Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid

Skin The Cat -  3 reps.  Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid

Reviewed the instructions for Skin The Cat and noticed the directives to squeeze the shoulder blades together and maintain the pull of the arms - no passive hanging.  It seems that as I descend into the German Hang, my shoulder blades are pulled together by default.

I'm not sure if I'm really pulling constantly on the rings.  I think I am, due to  my control of the descent, then having to pull on the rings to unwind from the German Hang back into the Inverted Hang position.  In any case, I'll pay more attention to these two points.

I am also making more off an effort to not tuck as much when unwinding from German Hang, so that the lower back gets a little bit more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment