Tuesday, January 03, 2017

P1-R1 Training Split

The P1 program has a split option, in which one trains for 4 days a week, practicing P1 on alternating days and the other program on the "between" days.

I think one of the reasons my shoulder is less stable than usual is the time I took off from strength training - nearly a month.  While GMB recommends a couple of exercise routines that specifically target shoulder issues, I'll try practicing just the Below The Rings portion of R1 as the other program in this training split.  The Below The Rings exercises emphasize pulling movements, which in the past seem to have contributed to improved shoulder stability.  I'll see how it goes.

Today's session:

Pullups - 7 reps. Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid.

Tuck Roll Chinup - 4 reps. Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid

Skin The Cat - 4 reps. Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment