Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Rings One, Phase 1, Level B, Week 1, Day 3

Inverted Row (Tuck) - 6 reps. Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid.  First time with this exercise.  I found I had to straighten my body in the inverted hang first, to reduce the swinging of the rings.  Execution was a bit shaky but I think it's a matter of finding the right balance point.

Inverted Tuck Roll Chin-Ups - 5 reps. Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid

Chin-Ups - 6 reps. Quality: Smooth. Ease: Solid.  First time I tried this with my feet on the ground in front of me, legs straight, instead of from the dead hang.  It's actually a bit harder because the core is worked a bit more.  It could be that I also make this harder for myself by lowering myself more slowly as the feet get closer to the ground, because I want to maintain the straightness of legs.  I believe Ryan Hurst does the chin-ups this way because it's kind of a prep for the muscle-up later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment