Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Today's Simple & Sinister session

I started the session with the GMB Knee Mobility routine. I've practiced pieces of this routine before but have often forgotten to include the jump. 

Then I worked through today's GMB Mobility session which focused on Hips.  This time I remembered to do the leg lifts in the Half Frog.  Hardly any of the dull ache I've been feeling in my ailing knee while practicing the Sumo Frogger. 

Practiced the reverse partial Turkish Getup that I thought of yesterday.  The idea is to start in the standing position with the kettlebell supported overhead,  work through the movement down to the Tall Sit position, then work back up to standing position again.  This practice mostly went well.  I realized that I tend to rush the transition from the Lunge to the Leg Sweep by  putting the supporting hand onto the ground so quickly that I'm practically dropping onto that hand.  I also noticed a tendency to shrug the shoulder after I put the hand on the ground.  I don't know exactly why I do that so I'll have to monitor this more closely, as it compromises my stability.

Swing portion:  2-arm 32kg swings for 2 sets, followed by 4 sets of 1-arm 24kg swings.  I called it after noticing significant drop in the quality of movement due to fatigue.   I think I didn't rest enough during the Play portion of the GMB Mobility session.

A bit of play with the Bent-Arm Frogger with minimum 1-second Crow Pose hold.  The max hold I was able to manage was 5 seconds.

For the afternoon, I practiced Front Scale Leg Lifts.  The knee felt much better today than yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment