Friday, May 29, 2020

Crow Pose Program Session 5

This wasn't really a Simple and Sinister session, as I didn't practice kettlebell swings.  I didn't work a lot on Crow Pose either, but I'll call it a Crow Pose session.
Prepare
GMB Knee Mobility routine, then today's GMB Mobility session focusing on Fundamentals.
Practice
Reverse Partial Turkish Getup - from standing to the bridge instead of Tall Sit.  The reason is that I noticed a tendency to allow the shoulder of the supporting arm to shrug by the time I settle into the Tall Sit.  So I figured I would stop at the bridge to work on improving the shoulder alignment, as well as improving the quality of the bridge.
Beginner Core Conditioning Routine from the bonus section of Elements

Play
GMB Vitamin session focusing on Backward Roll.

Push
No real Push work today.

Ponder
I woke up this morning with sore triceps, which was probably the consequence of playing with Bent-Arm Baby Frogger and Fall Forward to Negative Pushup yesterday.  I was feeling a bit too beat to do kettelbell swings.
The Vitamin session was a lot of fun.  I was always more comfortable with backward rolls than forward rolls.  I lack the hamstring flexibility to perform it in a pretty way, but I think I can nail this move sooner than the Forward Roll.

Going forward, I will continue to practice the Turkish Getup in some form or another because it's been good to my shoulder.  I may start supersetting it with a Windmill as described in Brett Jones' Windmill article.   I will stop practicing kettlebell swings for now.  Swings have strengthened my back as promised but I still have lingering aches in the hips when I sit and lie down in bed.  Lately my core training has been split between the Turkish Getup and Swing.  After about 6 months of this, I want to try replacing the KB Swing with the Elements Core Conditioning Routine and see what that does for my core.

Found another thing to ponder - Breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment