Monday, May 11, 2020

K-On! My Love is a Stapler clips

One of my favorite songs from the anime K-On! is Watashi no Koi wa Hotchkiss, which literally means "My Love is a Hotchkiss".  Hotchkiss was a brand of stapler, so the song title is also translated as "My Love is a Stapler".  Click the linked article to see the lyrics - it'll make more sense.

This is a clip of Yui practicing the song by herself.  It's from the opening episode to Season 2 of K-On!, which reintroduces the viewer to the characters and their world in ways that remind us of the passage of time, in particular reminding us that 4 of the 5 members of the Light Music Club (K-On) are now high-school seniors.  It simultaneously draws us into the beauty of the moment, time and place that were are in, as of this opening episode, and reminds us that it is a fleeting moment.
Yui practicing "My Love is a Stapler"

This is a clip of the same song being played by the full band, when there were only 4 members of K-On.  What I find remarkable is how they made the band sound like they're actually playing in a high school auditorium.
The band playing "My Love is a Stapler"

No comments:

Post a Comment