Monday, May 25, 2020

Second session under new Crow Pose fitness program

I don't think I'll post an entry for every single session but since this is a new direction that is evolving to address my concerns, I guess I'll have to record notes.

Prepare
GMB Knee Health routine, then I used today's GMB Mobility session in its 15-minute entirety for Prepare.  Today's mobility focus was on Spine.

Practice
1 min, 10 sec. Crow Pose practice sets for a total of 3 sets.

Play
3 minutes of Bent-Arm Frogger with the minimum 1-second Crow Pose hold.   I landed a 12-second hold early, then managed several 5-second holds for the rest of the set.

Push
1 minute of Bent-Arm Monkey.  This was mainly a test for the suspect shoulder.  It held up ok.

Kettelbell swings - This isn't directly related to Crow Pose but I want to keep up my swing practice because it's been good for my back.  2 sets of 10 2-arm swings with the 32kg. 4 sets of 1-arm swings with the 24kg.  2 sets of 2-arm swings with the 24kg, trying to go for overspeed eccentrics.

Modified Pigeon and Half-Pancake for cooldown.

Some play with the Forward Roll Setup.

Front and Back Scale practice spread through rest of afternoon.

Ponder
Basically it's working on this blog post.  There's still a dull ache in my left knee MCL when I lock out my left leg to support as I practice Front Scale/Front Scale Leg Lift with my right leg.   This is the same issue that led me to halt Turkish Getup practice.  After perusal of GMB's selection of Advanced Leg Exercises, I decided to replace the Scales with Back Leg Elevated Lunge and Sissy Squat.  So now my path to better knee health looks like this:

1. Improve Quad Strength - Back Leg Elevated Lunge and Sissy Squat
2. Hip Flexibility - GMB Mobility program
3. Unusual Movements - GMB Knee Health routine

No comments:

Post a Comment