Sunday, May 31, 2020

Crow Pose Program Session 7


Prepare
GMB Knee Mobility routine  
Today's GMB Mobility session focusing on Legs.

Practice
3 Turkish Getup singles per side with 16kg Kettlebell
3 reps of Windmill with 16kg KB overhead

Beginner Core Conditioning Routine from the bonus section of Elements

Play
Exploring Backward Roll, walking legs around arm, then touching toe to the rear.

Push
Reverse Lunge with 16kg KB in rack
Bent-Arm Monkey #3 with minimum 1-sec. pause

Both of the above spread through the afternoon.

Ponder
Heard and felt some clicks in my lower spine during the Windmill practice.  I have not felt any pain but will monitor closely. 
Knee was still acting up in deep squat for Monkey and Frogger.  I found however if I squat with my feet closer together - much narrower distance than shoulder width, the knee ache goes away.

The knee seem to like the Reverse Lunge and the lower level Shrimp Squat variation which is a lot like Reverse Lunge.  I'll stick to those for strengthening the leg to reduce knee pain.

Best hold in Crow Pose today, working out of Bent Arm Monkey #3, was 14 seconds.   At my level, the hands have to be active, with the fingers applying pressure as more of my weight shifts forward, and my palm heels working when the weight starts to shift back.

No comments:

Post a Comment