Friday, February 26, 2016

Elements: Week 6 Introspection

What new thing did you learn this week that clicked with you the most? 

Never a bad idea to review the instructional videos.

How will this change the way you approach movement the next time you practice?

I will keep reviewing the videos, looking for something to refine further.

Late last week, my surgeon cleared me to do moderate intensity exercises.  He specifically said pistol squats would be fine.  So this week I resumed practice of the pistol squat, as well as two other movements in which I am weak and would like to start improving: the Tuck to Bent-Arm Stand and the Tuck Hold.  I've started practicing these movements on Elements days that do not focus on the flow (5 reps of each of six different transition movements followed by 10 minutes of flow practice is a lot of work) and on the non-Elements days.  I keep it very simple, just one rep of each of the pistol and the Tuck to Bent Arm Stand on the parallettes, followed by one minute rest; and just keep doing this until a set time to stop. I try to allow up to 5 min. of Tuck Hold practice (hold as long as tolerable, rest 30 seconds then hold again), then 15 min. of cool down, so this is what determines the stopping time.

No comments:

Post a Comment