Monday, February 08, 2016

Elements Week 4, Day 4

Today's Elements session may have been my longest yet, not including the ones in which I had to practice all the warmups and cool downs in the entire Elements program (those are great but they do take quite a bit of time when you do them all in one session).  Today was the first day in the program in which I got to play with a flow combining all three animal movements.

After the warmups, I had to practice each transition 5x each, which was nice and much-needed.

After the transition practice was 10 minutes of playing with the flow.  I worked up a sweat but avoided doing anything so strenuous as to create dangerous pressure on my operated eye.  I took several breaks from movement to help manage this.

It was an enjoyable session.  One of the suggestions was to explore some previously introduced variations, so my play included the bent-arm Bear, High Frogger, and 180 Monkey.  There were some awkward bits, but nothing painful, and there were bits in which I felt good flow and agility.

No comments:

Post a Comment