Monday, February 08, 2016

4 Reasons why guitarists get wrist & shoulder pain (and how to deal with them)

The article:

http://effortlessguitarplaying.uk/index.php/2016/02/08/4-reasons-why-guitarists-get-wrist-shoulder-pain-and-how-to-deal-with-them/

I've been taking advantage of my medical leave to play guitar pretty much all day, every day.  However as mentioned a few days ago,  I developed some wrist pain.  At present I can play my acoustic guitar for about an hour, then play my Parker Nitefly for the rest of the day without pain, as long as I take breaks at appropriate intervals.  I have no doubt I am guilty, to various degrees, of all four reasons described in the above article.

I enjoy living in the moment when I play guitar so I'm the least guilty of Reason #3.

Because I am required to spend most of my waking hours with my nose generally pointed at the ground, due to the gas bubble inside my eye, I can't really do anything about Reason #1 (poor posture).

Oh well - gotta do what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment