Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Integral Strength: Week 2 Day 3

Broad Jump 

Getting a little smoother in the landing.

Shrimp Squat 

Working at a level somewhere between half way and 3/4 way down. I realized yesterday that I should have been doing 20 seconds per leg, for a total of 40 seconds/round on this exercise, instead of 20 seconds total with alternating legs.  Hopefully this means my progress will pick up a bit here.

Push-Up 

Working at the level of lowering from the plank to the ground, then doing pushup from the knees.  I could do a full pushup but I understand the benefit of really working on keeping the elbows in and generally refining my form before advancing to the full pushup.  I'm getting better at keeping the elbows in, but my shoulder is still letting me know that I need more practice.  When the elbows are in and the elbow pits are facing forward properly, there is no pain in that shoulder.

Bridge Press-Up

I am working at the half-way level.  I can press up off the ground and lower myself back down without bumping my head.  I am working on increasing my upper body strength, which is currently not sufficient to press all the way up.  There might be a flexibility issue too, but I think it's mostly not having the upper body strength.  I'm using the heels to transfer a bit more load to my hands.

Chin-Up

I am working at the level of performing the exercise from a dead hang, holding top position with chest up for 2 seconds, then lowering myself slowly.

Inverted Press 

I am working at the A-Frame level, using my feet to steadily increase the load on my arms.

L-Sit 

I can do a full tuck sit but holding it for 20 seconds takes quite a bit of effort.

Hollow Body Series

I do the Face Up position at the beginner level.  I do the Side position with the top leg raised and extended and the top arm extended.  I do the Face Down position with both legs extended, and bent arms extended.

No comments:

Post a Comment