Monday, March 14, 2016

Integral Strength: Week 1 Day 1

Today was officially my first day in the Integral Strength program.  Day 1 was an assessment day. These are the assessments.

Broad Jump

To be honest I didn't measure the distance I jumped.  I guess I should have.  I was too focused on getting the form right.

Shrimp Squat

I could go all the way down and back up on each leg while holding the other leg as instructed.  Not super great form but ok enough.  What I need to work on is not applying too much force to the leg that is being held, because it's the leg that's not being held that I need to actually be working.

Push-Up

I could do a regular pushup with solid ease and smooth quality.  I could not do a hollow-body pushup with decent form because I just don't have enough practice in it.

Bridge Press-Up

I can do a push up into a bridge, lower myself to where my hips and shoulders are close to the floor without touching it, and press back up again with solid ease and rough quality.  I can't straighten my arms like the GMB coaches can in the full bridge.

Chin-Up

I can do a full chin-up with good form.

Inverted Press

I can do an inverted press with straight legs; with solid ease and smooth quality.

L-Sit

I can do a tuck sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment