Sunday, March 20, 2016

Integral Strength: Week 1 Introspection

What surprised you in this first week? Was there anything you didn’t expect along with the things you already knew? 

There's a lingering left shoulder issue that only seems to manifest itself when I'm practicing the pushup or the inverted press.  I don't know if it has anything to do with starting to play viola again after nearly two months of not playing it.  However, I found I could eliminate the pain by really focusing on pointing the elbows towards the knees and not allowing them to flare out.

Another surprise was how short 20 seconds can be.

What new thing did you learn this week that clicked with you the most?

Focusing on quality of movement, over quantity.

How will this change the way you approach movement the next time you practice?

I'll really focus on highest possible quality in my movement at my current level before advancing to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment