Saturday, April 02, 2016

Integral Strength: Week 3 Introspection

I don't remember why I skipped Week 2 Introspection.  Too late now.

Is there anything in particular that is giving you a harder time than you’d have thought? Why would that be?

Side hollow body position.  I can almost do the advanced version, but have trouble getting the lower arm off the floor.  I think it's because

Another is basic rope skipping.  I just have so little experience with it.

Where do you see yourself progressing the most? Something that you are good at already, or the most difficult areas revealed in this first 3 weeks?

I seem to be progressing the most in the Bridge Press-Up.  I had so little experience in this movement before starting Integral Strength.  I am not particularly strong in this movement, but I seem to be pressing up into a noticeably higher position than at the time of initial assessment.   I think it is a combination of a little strength gain and steadily improving coordination and flexibility.

What specific thing would you like to improve the most of what you’ve done so far? A particular exercise, or something other in the way you perform in this program?

I think I'm doing something wrong with the Side Hollow Body.  I can raise both legs, my head, and my upper arm.  But when I try to raise my lower arm, my body ends up rolling out of side position.  I think I might not be making my body "hollow" enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment