Sunday, April 24, 2016

Integral Strength: Week 6 Introspection.

You’ve now gone through 3 different training day sessions, Strength and Power, Strength Endurance, and Integrated Conditioning. Which of those did you perform best at and which were harder? Does this fall in line with your previous experience in training?

I perform the best at the Integrated Conditioning sessions.  The 10-sec. intervals make it easy to really focus on Quality and Ease.  Strength Endurance is the hardest overall session.  Even though I try to adhere to working at a level I can perform with Quality and Ease, the inverted press in the first superset always makes the pushups harder to do.  There there's the rope skipping at the end, which I've struggled to do uninterrupted due to the poor quality of the jump rope - it's plastic rather than true rope, so it tends to curl up.

I have no previous training to really compare to this.

What changes are you seeing in your daily life now? What do you notice is easier to do?

Virtually all the changes I'm seeing are within the context of the Integral Strength movements.   I'm definitely getting stronger in those movements.

Because I'm now practicing this program 6 days a week, I have no time left to ride my bicycle to work.  Perhaps after I finish the program I may have something to report as far as impact on my bicycling.  Then again, I'm not into bicycle racing.  I don't play any sports, so I can't say this program has improved my tennis serve or basketball rebounding or whatever.

Is there any movement in particular you want to improve yourself the most on? Why is that?

No particular movement.  I'm content to continue working on improving my performance in all 10 movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment