Friday, April 08, 2016

Integral Strength: Week 4 Introspection

How are you feeling now with a month of Integral Strength training under your belt?

I'm feeling stronger in most of the movements. The left shoulder is quite a bit more stable.  I used to feel some pain with this shoulder if I did not adhere strictly to the proper form for pushups and inverted presses - the elbows must absolutely not be allowed to flare, the elbow pits must absolutely face the front (elbows pointing at the knees), etc.

How does this compare to how you’ve trained before?

There is a LOT more emphasis on getting the quality of movement right, over merely busting out reps.  The program encourages you to do as many reps as you can within a superset or circuit - but absolutely NOT at the expense of quality.  If it is necessary to perform the movement slowly in order to get the quality high, this is encouraged.

Is there anything you would change about what you did in this last few weeks?

No, I think I'm progressing reasonably.  

Actually, there is just one thing - I should have started hanging my jump rope earlier.  The problem with cheap plastic jump ropes is they tend to stay curled up unless you hang them on something all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment