Monday, April 25, 2016

Integral Strength: Today was the last day

The scheduled called for a Strength And Power session today, with 5 rounds.  I practiced the session as prescribed:

Broad Jump - Never measured it so can't tell how much I improved.  Fun to practice though!

Shrimp Squat - Able to do the full movement, albeit without the leg hold, for 7 reps/leg

Chinups - Able to do 5 reps within the 30-sec. time limit.

Tuck Sit - Able to hold the full 30-sec. with my feet barely off the ground.

I have company arriving this weekend, which will prevent me from practicing for all 6 days as scheduled.

I've enjoyed training under this program, but 6 days a week is a big commitment.  I have not had the time to commute to work by bicycle as a result, and this has frustrated me as the weather has started getting warmer and more pleasant.  I could just continue the program and thus finish it by repeating Week 7 next week,  but I simply cannot bear the thought of putting off biking to work by another week.

What I will do instead this week is switch to Rings One training, and commute to work by bike on one day of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment