Sunday, February 26, 2023

Isochain 6x6: Week 7

New simple shoulder mobility exercise from GMB Fitness.

After I complete this 8-week block of Isochain 6x6 training, I want do to training block of Easy Muscle, Schedule A. This is the schedule in which only the clean-and-press is practiced. So, I have been pondering how to get ready for Schedule A. One idea was to spend 2-4 weeks practicing the kettlebell clean with single and double kettlebells. Then I thought of practicing single KB cleans whenever I take a break from work, one set of 3-5 reps on one arm, then a set on the other arm.

Wednesday was when I tried practicing KB cleans for the first time in a while. My right knee hurt a bit, then I realized I needed to straighten my legs and squeeze my butt and abs when the KB is in the rack position. I was allowing the knees to bend in the KB rack position, which is no bueno.

I did GMB Mobility sessions on Tuesday and Thursday. The focus areas were spine and shoulders. On Thursday, I also continued practicing single KB cleans. By paying attention to standing up with the legs straight in the rack position and the glutes squeezed, my knees did not feel pain. I also tried walking in the double KB rack position

My Isochain 6x6 last-rep max numbers were down on the Friday session. I can't really tell if it's because I played too much with the KBs on the previous day, or if it's because I did not have a good night's sleep, or if it's just the normal down-and-up progression. In strength training, progress is rarely linear. We tend to go up and down in performance from day to day, although the general trend over the course of a few weeks tends to be up, barring the onset of disease or other unfortunate event.

No comments:

Post a Comment