Friday, February 03, 2023

Isochain 6x6: Week 3

I observed good progress in the Zercher Squat and Seated Row.

I did not observe as much progress in the Shoulder Press, though forgetting to switch on Timer mode in the Isochain on my last rep for the Friday session did not help, as I wasted effort trying to get the beeper to start. I'm not worried about it, because progress has always been slowest for me when I can't exert at least 110 lbs. of force. As previously noted, about 110 lbs. of force is needed to start stretching the Isochain spring. In turn stretching the spring turns off cortical inhibition, which is the "brakes" that the CNS (central nervous system) puts on the muscles if it does not believe the load is movable. The stretching of the spring convinces the CNS that the load is moveable, or "live", so that cortical inhibition is turned off, and thus the muscles are allowed to generate more force.

No comments:

Post a Comment