Monday, February 20, 2023

Isochain 6x6: Week 6

During this 8-week training block that I've scheduled for the 6x6 routine, I've been testing my 1-rep max every 2 weeks. Thus, this training block can be thought of as 4 2-week mini-blocks.

Thus, the Friday session was the last session of the latest mini-block. My best gain from this mini-block was in the Zercher Squat, where I beat my official 1-rep max two sessions in a row to end the mini-block.

I didn't beat my 1RM in the Shoulder Press, but my last-rep max force was consistently higher in Week 6 than it was in Week 4. I'm satisfied with this progress.

My performance in the Seated Row has been the least consistent. I'm not concerned though, because I don't have any particular goals in 2023 regarding pulling strength. I figure my pulling strength will improve sooner or later.

I continued practicing GMB Mobility on my recovery days. My shoulder felt very slightly irritated by the Bear, Monkey, and stretches involving reaching with the arm, but no sharp pain. I also struggled to put my hand on my back for quadruped torso rotation. But in general the shoulder feels 80% of the way back to the pain-free mobility I used to have with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment