Thursday, October 08, 2020

HSPU Program Session 64

Prepare
Set up rings

Practice
Pair 1
Inverted Press on Parallettes w/ feet 1 step up  and 4-sec. negative - 3 sets of 5-6 reps. - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid
Pullup on Rings w/ 4-6 sec. negative - 3 sets of 4 reps - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid
2 min. rest between all sets

4 min. rest before Pair 2

Pair 2
Incline Pushup on Rings w/ 4-sec. negative - 3 sets of 6 reps - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid
Tuck Front Lever Rows Rings w/ 4 sec. negative - 3 sets of 6-7 reps - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid

2 min. rest between all sets

Push
Lounge Chair Stretch
L-Arm Stretch
Brachial Hang for about 1 min.

Play
External shoulder rotation exercises on Light mini-band spread through the afternoon.

Ponder
Shoulder continues to feel good.
For Inverted Press, I decided to focus more on the range of motion at the top of the movement, making sure to elevate the scapula, and not worry about the range of motion in the bottom of the movement. This way, I was able to get more reps and less strain on the shoulders.
 

For Pullups, I noticed that I can pull my elbows a little lower and thus pull my scapula down a little more, when I focus on pulling the pinkies to the side, and thus keeping the palms facing away. This reduced my reps but it will be worth the practice of depressing the scapula more and possibly engaging the shoulder external rotators

No comments:

Post a Comment