Monday, September 14, 2020

HSPU Program Session 54

Prepare
Set up rings
Mulligan exercise for shoulder rehab
GMB Handstand Wrist prep routine

Practice
Pair 1
Inverted Press on Parallettes w/ feet 2 steps up  and 4-sec. negative - 3 sets of 4 reps. - Quality: Rough, Ease: Challenging
Pullup on Rings w/ 4-6 sec. negative - 3 sets of 6 reps - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid
2 min. rest between all sets

4 min. rest before Pair 2

Pair 2
Incline Pushup on Rings w/ 4-sec. negative - 3 sets of 6 reps - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid
Tuck Front Lever Rows Rings w/ 4 sec. negative - 3 sets of 4-5 reps - Quality: Smooth, Ease: Solid
Arc Rows w/ Accommodating Resistance on Rings, drop set after the Tuck Front Lever Rows -  3 sets of 3 reps - Quality: Rough, Ease: Solid

2 min. rest between all sets

Push
Arm Lounge stretch
L-Arm stretch
Brachial Hang for about 1 min.

Play
External shoulder rotation exercises on mini-bands spread through the afternoon

Another Brachial Hang for about 1 min. before dinner

Ponder
It may be a while before I will be able to perform the Inverted Press with a full range of motion, with my feet elevated 2 steps.  I'm not strong enough yet to lower the top of my head to greater depth than my hands.  I'm also forgetting to elevate the scapula at the top of the movement.  I'll work on increasing the depth of my head on the bottom and elevating the scapula at the top.  Later, I'll work on getting my hips closer to "stacking" over my shoulders, as much as my flexibility will allow.

I'm still working on finding the groove for the Arc Rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment