Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Today's Training

Breakfast: Cheese Croissant and Tea
Lunch: Brocolli, Cauliflower, Spinach, Greek-style salad, Duck, Spicy Sausages

Gymnastic Strength Day

Took rings to park, but favorite section of playground, the monkey bar beam with the chain-suspended handles, was overrun by little kids swinging around. Kids usually shy away from that due to the height of the beam and distance between handles, but not today. Luckily, I found a nearby tree which I had not noticed before with usable branches for suspending my rings.

Ring Training with Joint Mobility during breaks:

Body Rows x8
Reverse Grip Pushups x8
Pullups x4
Dips x5
Repeat Circuit 2x

Support Holds 15,14,10,10,12 seconds for total just over 1 min.

One of the boys from last week (the 5 year old) once again demanded to play with the rings. This time I told him, "I can't do that. I need your Mom or Dad to tell me its ok". He stubbornly grabbed the webbing of one of the rings and held it. I was going to add that its because I don't want him to get hurt (and me get sued by Mommy and Daddy), but after just a few seconds the other kids drew him back. As for the dips, I did the first 2 circuits with the legs assisting, then for the last set did them with no leg support at all, though with very limited ROM (forgot to "pull myself down"). The last set actually felt better on the shoulders - the leg support made it harder to find a shoulder-friendly groove.

TNT cable (single 40lb) military presses x3 x2

Be Breathed Butterfly practice x5 x3 - Wow! The torso is curling closer and closer towards my face on the descent phase of the Butterfly movement after each set!

Dinner: Rotiserrie Chicken, brown rice, boiled veggies (broccoli, kale leaves, mustard leaves, turnip greens).

Flexband shoulder traction

No comments:

Post a Comment