Saturday, May 14, 2005

Question about Planche/ Front Lever progressions: Kettlebells, Strength, Fitness, Martial Arts

Question about Planche/ Front Lever progressions: Kettlebells, Strength, Fitness, Martial Arts

Excellent advice on training through the planche progression and the front lever progression in gymnastics. I am much further behind in both progressions, but this advice will be no doubt be useful to me at some point. In the former, I still working on the frog stand



In the latter, I'm still working on body rows, which help develop strength for the front lever.



Today, I started doing body rows with my feet elevated on a step stool. Somewhere in the progression would be the tuck lever



The above photos are borrowed from gymnastic coach Christopher Sommer's article, Building an Olympic Body through Bodyweight Conditioning. Check out this article for more information on the planche and front lever progressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment