Thursday, May 12, 2005

Chest Expander experience so far

I've been incorporating the following Chest Expander workout, targetting the shoulders:

Overhead downward pull to rear x10
Overhead downward pull to front x10
2 arms front chest pull at attention x10
Back military press (diagonal path) x5 (30lb resistance)
Archer (thumbs down) x5
Shoulder Shimmy x5
Overhead pass with arms locked in cross position x10
Whippet x10

Except as noted, I use a cable rated at 20lbs resistance.

I still have trouble distinguishing between resistance training for rehab and resistance training for strength. My shoulder still isn't 100% and is still weak, so I must use the Chest Expanders in a rehab context instead of strength training. This is actually fine because once my lower back feels normal again, I will resume my ring training, and I get enough of an upper body workout from that without increasing my chances of overtraining by adding heavy resistance cable training on top of that.

What was that about my lower back? I'll report in another post

No comments:

Post a Comment