Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Isochain 6x6 Week 3 1-rep Max Testing

In the 6x6 program, we retest our 1-rep max every 2 to 4 weeks, then reset our working loads accordingly. Results in pounds:

Zercher Squat - 127.333

Quite a jump from the previous 1RM of 91.73! Most of the gain was from experimenting with the body positioning last Friday, eventually settling on position least likely to hurt the back or the knees.

Shoulder Press - 59.333
For my last 1-rep max attempt, I only focused on one cue, and that was to press myself away from the bar as hard as possible. This resulted in a 63.4 lb. force reading, which brought the average up to about 59.333 lbs. which is about a 5 lb. improvement from the previous test.

Seated Row - 137.3

Every time I think I put in as much effort as possible into a rep, there turns out to be an extra gear hidden inside my body to boost the force even more. I can't figure out why I got about 123 lbs. max on one attempt and 151 lbs on another. The average score was so close to the previous one that is I'll be working with the same working load for the next 2 weeks as the previous 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment