Monday, January 16, 2023

Isochain 6x6: Week 1

Since this is my first week of 6x6 in a while, I decided to review the cues for each of the chosen exercises:

Zercher Squat - mimicking double kettlebell front squat
  • Feet turned slightly out, just enough to accommodate the elbows.
  • Chest up
  • Do not collapse knees inwards
Shoulder Press - mimicking double kettlebell shoulder press
  • Pull up kneecaps
  • Protract the scapula to protect the shoulder
  • Squeeze glutes
  • Squeeze abs
Seated Row
  • Shoulders rolled back
  • Squeeze abs to eliminate curving of the lower back
  • Straighen legs - don't have to be perfectly straight but pushing the feet helps generate whole body tension
  • Pull bar towards stomach
One thing that will be different with my 6x6 training in 2023 is my shoulder press. In 2022, I tried different ways of standing and body positioning. I'm confident that consistent adherence to these cues will produce more consistent results.

Good first week of 6x6. I already beat my 1-rep max scores in the Zercher Squat and Shoulder Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment