Saturday, January 21, 2023

Isochain 6x6: Week 2

So far my back held up fine during Zercher Squat sets. I did notice I had to exert extra effort to get my chest up to protect the back. So for the Friday session, I tried reps with my feet closer to the spring. Feet too far from the spring would increase the risk of the low back flexing forward. Feet too close to the spring may cause some strain in the knees. I eventually settled on a position that felt fine for the knees, and also allowed the chest to be up without additional effort. For my last rep, I scored 108.2 lbs - my highest score so far in this 6x6 block.

My shoulder press numbers showed a slight downward trend over the course of the week, but my max force on the last rep of the Friday session was still over 50 lbs. However, I also feel like I've been working harder on every rep this week. Last week, I pushed hard enough to trigger the Isochain beeper at the 38lb. setting (38lbs. being about 70% of my 54-ish lb. 1-rep max), and keep the beeper going, but maybe I wasn't really going as hard for some reason. The best news is continued reduction in pain in the shoulder when reaching overhead or reaching for the opposite armpit.

I also scored a PR in the Seated Row - 151.2 lbs.

I didn't mention it last week, but I've generally kept up my practice of Geoff Neupert's Manly Mobility routine too, working up to 20 reps of diaphram breaths, neck nods, neck rotations, and egg rolls in the Side Lying position at Level 1. I'm not really rushing to get to Level 2, because the Level 2 position is side bridge, which would place greater load on my still-healing shoulder. Manly Mobility works really well for recovery between 6x6 sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment