Sunday, January 08, 2023

Isochain 6x6 Planning

Having done several months of hypertrophy stimulus training, it's time to do another strength training block under 6x6. As usual, I'll pick one exercise for each of the following: push chain, pull chain, squat chain. The selected exercises:

Zercher Squat - Here I'll be trying to mimic the double kettlebell front squat, with thighs at or just above parallel, which is a sticking point for me. I don't have a specific lower body strength goal for 2023, so I'll be satisfied with any strength gain I get here.
Shoulder Press - Once again at middle angle for carryover to the widest range of motion in dynamic overhead pressing. This should hopefully get my overhead press rep max with 2 16kg KBs closer to 10 reps.
Seated Row - I don't have a specific goal for pulling strength, so I'll be satisfied with any strength gain.

What I'm hoping for, with this 6x6 training block, is restoration of my ability to press a 16kg kettlebell overhead with my right arm, without any pain. I'm confident this will happen because of how high-intensity isometric shoulder pressing reduces pain in my shoulder

No comments:

Post a Comment