Sunday, November 28, 2021

GSC Month 3: Week 2

Workout #1

Pseudo Planche Pushup (Accommodating Resistance) strength sets: 2 2 2
Suspension RTO Pushup Drop Set

Suspension pushup finisher set

For my last set of Pseudo Planche Pushups, I messed something up and nearly did my first Tuck Planche by accident. I need to remember to do the spiraling pull from the back to the pinkies of my hands at the bottom position, to pre-stretch and activate the chest for the grinding concentric. I recorded a video for self-critique, and was surprised to see I was leaning forward further than I expected. I did not notice any sagging of the hips in the video. I need to be more willing to pull my shoulders back, so that they are not as far forward of the hands, when I get stuck during the grinding concentric.

Isometric holds under loads that are great enough so that more than 5 seconds is next to impossible are known for improving tendon strength. The intense isometric hold in this version of the Pseudo Planche Pushup seems to stimulate greater progress in shoulder stability and feeling generally better..

Workout #2

Tuck Front Lever Row strength sets: 2 2 2
Elevated Suspension Hip Extension strength sets: 5 5 5

Finisher rows on NOSSK: Untimed drop set lat rows, then untimed drop set regular rows.
Finisher Straight Leg Hip Bridge set: Drop set starting with feet on NOSSK, then on ground

I tried to begin each Front Lever Row set by holding the more difficult Front Lever position for at least 3 seconds, to stimulate gains towards the full Front Lever hold, then tuck in the knees, then row up, then untuck the knees for the eccentric. I think it makes more sense to begin the set by just by getting into Tuck Front Lever at the bottom position, taking a moment to check that position is decent, row for the concentric, pause at the top to untuck the knees, lower in the eccentric in the harder position, and then to the isometric hold at the bottom of the movement. And then after the isometric hold, tucking in the knees for the next rep.

Workout #3

Assited Jumbo Shrimp Squat strength sets: 5 5 5
Moving Side Plank strength sets: 5 5 5

Jump Lunge finisher set: about 75s
Side Plank hold finisher set: 25s per side

Jumbo Shrimp Squat quality of movement improved over last week. I decided to just do the side planks on the hardwood floor instead of the yoga mat, which felt fine, as long as I concentrate my weight on the meaty part of the forearm rather than the elbow. I set a new time PR for the Jump Lunge - I should revisit the instructional video to make sure I'm not cheating in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment