Monday, November 08, 2021

GSC Month 1: Week 3

I continued the schedule of Workout #1 on Monday, Workout #2 on Wednesday, and Workout #3 on Friday. On the morning of Workout #1, I used my newly acquired Beurer BC57 Blood Pressure Monitor and got a reading of 118/96 with an 80 pulse.

Workout #1

For the Tension phase, the isometric pushup was still a struggle, so I just did it standing, pushing hard against the yoga strap.

Floor pushup strength sets: 8 7 7 4

Getting closer to the minimum 3 sets of 8 reps, which is an admittedly arbitrary goal I set for myself to achieve. Once this goal is achieved, I would feel ready to start working on Pseudo Planche Pushups, aka "Leaned Forward Pushups", which is the next major step in the progression towards Planche Pushups.
I once again forgot to time the finisher pushups. I did have the NOSSK straps set long enough to allow me to start the Finisher Phase with sets of RTO pushups, gradually working to greater and greater incline to drop the intensity, then swith to regular incline pushups without missing a beat.

Workout #2

For this morning, my blood pressure readings were 113/80 and 58 pulse.

Tuck Front Lever Row strength sets: 5 5 5
Level 4 Suspension Straight Leg Hip Bridge strength sets: 3 3 6

Finisher rows on NOSSK: 3 min. set.
Finisher Isochain Romanian Deadlift 110lbs: 30s hold

No obvious progress on Tuck Front Lever Row. I think I started to get the hang of Suspension Straight Leg Hip Bridge on the last strength set.

Workout #3

I once again forgot to do the Lateral Push Down as part of the Tension phase and also forgot do the T-Planks as part of the Stability Phase. Maybe I'm still not taking the lateral chain aspect of Workout #3 as seriously as I should.

Assisted Jumbo Shrimp Squat strength sets: 4 4 4
Moving Side Plank strength sets: 5 5 5

Finisher Jump Lunge: Managed just over 50s
Finisher Side Plank: 25s hold

This was my first workout with the Jumbo Shrimp Squat, aka "Elevated Shrimp Squat". I think I may have focused too much on folding my torso forward rather than on just sinking my hips straight down.

Great video by Eduardo Orihuela on progressing from Pseudo Planche Pushup to Tuck Planche Pushup - probably works best with parallettes or 2 sturdy chairs. Great post by Mindful Mover on an exercise that can be used for progressing past the Tuck Planche - starting in Tuck Planche and increasing difficulty on the eccentric portion of the movement, by extending the legs, then setting the feet down and doing a Pseudo Planche Pushup on the concentric portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment