Monday, November 15, 2021

GSC Month 1: Week 4

I continued the schedule of Workout #1 on Monday, Workout #2 on Wednesday, and Workout #3 on Friday.

Workout #1

For this morning, my blood pressure readings were 118/87 and 61 pulse.

Floor pushup strength sets: 8 8 8
RTO Pushup Drop Set
Suspension pushup finisher set

I might have done more than 8 reps for the first, and maybe even the 2nd set of floor pushups. However, I'd already decided that if I could do 3 sets of 8, I would do a drop set of RTO pushups instead of a 4th set of floor pushups, then do the Finisher Phase with a drop set of regular suspension pushups. By doing 3 sets of 8 floor pushups, I felt like I proved to myself that I could move up to Pseudo Planche Pushups with Accommodating Resistance next week.

Workout #2

For this morning, my blood pressure readings were 113/80 and 57 pulse.

Tuck Front Lever Row strength sets: 7 6 6
Suspension Straight Leg Hip Bridge strength sets: 6 6 6

Finisher rows on NOSSK: 3 min. set.
Finisher Straight Leg Hip Bridge set: 20

For some reason, I felt was I was starting to use more of my upper back - as if I'd been mostly just using my arms on the Tuck Front Lever Row. I'll try to focus more on pulling from the spine and spiraling out to the hands next time. Still, I feel read to try transitioning to Advanced Tuck Front Lever rows next week, using Accommodating Resistance by doing the eccentric portion in the Advanced Tuck Front Lever position, and switching back to Tuck Front Lever for the concentric portion.

Workout #3

I skipped this workout this week, due to circumstances beyond my control. Nothing serious, at least! I will resume this workout next week.

Pseudo Planche Pushup has three movement portions which I hope I will remember next week:

  1. Isometric. At the top of pushup position, lean forward, point your toes away from you, then hold the position isometrically for 3-5 seconds.  You must lean forward far enough so that the isometric hold feels intense.  If you can hold for more than 5 seconds, you're not leaning far enough.
  2. Eccentric. Bend elbows and you should start falling slowly to the ground.  If you don't feel like you're falling, lean forward some more.  Push hard to control your fall.  If despite your best effort you're falling too fast, reduce forward lean.
  3. Concentric. Push up as much as you can.  When you reach a point that you are stuck, reduce your forward lean until you can continue pushing all the way back to top position.

No comments:

Post a Comment