Sunday, December 05, 2021

GSC Month 3: Week 3

Workout #1

Pseudo Planche Pushup (Accommodating Resistance) strength sets: 2 2 2
Suspension RTO Pushup Drop Set

Suspension pushup finisher set

Not sure if it's worth logging the reps I'm doing for Pseudo Planche Pushups with AR, as progress is not measured by reps, but by how far I am able to lean and then maintain an isometric hold in the leaned position for at least 3 seconds. The intensity is so high through all 3 phases (isometric, eccentric, concentric) of the movement that 2 reps is about all I can do per set.

I probably could have leaned forward a little more, because the eccentric, coming out of the isometric hold, was not fully involuntary. Bending the elbows should result in a fall that you cannot stop, only slow down by pushing hard - that is why Mindful Mover calls this an involuntary eccentric. On the other hand, I also have previous experience in leaning so far forward that I could not sustain an isometric hold for even 1 second, and thus immediately went into the involutary eccentric. So I think it was fine to work the isometric at the leaned position that I did. I have no doubt that as I get stronger, I will feel more comfortable leaning forward more and more, and thus working harder and stimulating more strength gains.

Workout #2

Tuck Front Lever Row strength sets: 2 2
Elevated Suspension Hip Extension strength sets: 5 5

Finisher rows on NOSSK: Untimed drop set lat rows, then untimed drop set regular rows.

My workout was cut short when I realized the water service to my house had been shut off. Service was restored in the afternoon, but not having water proved to be too much of a distraction. Later in the week, much-needed upgrade of the attic insulation was done. Because of that distraction and scheduling, I skipped Workout #3

No comments:

Post a Comment