Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Isochain Iron Man: Week 1

Here are the results for the 6 selected exercises for Iron Man:

Romanian Deadlift at High Angle - Was able to hold for the full 120 seconds with one pause to reset my grip as the bar was starting to slip a little. Average was 48-49 lbs.

Bicep Curl at High Angle - Was able to hold for the full 120 seconds, although towards the end I felt I had to apply extra spiraling force from my back, which became a struggle. Some elbow pain started to flare up, so the extra force was needed to reduce the load on the elbows. Average was 14-19 lbs.

Shoulder Press at Medium Angle - Was able to hold for 80-90 seconds. Average was about 12 lbs.

Bent-over Row at High Angle and Supinated Grip - Was able to hold for the full 60 seconds. Average was 36.2 lbs.

Zercher Squat at Medium Angle - Was able to hold for 41 seconds. Had to stop because my quads were on fire! Average was 36.2 lbs.

Calf Raise - Was able to hold for the full 60 seconds. Average was 66.8 lbs.

To try to improve shoulder mobility, I tried some sets of what David Weck calls shoulder rolls with my RMT Club. I think the Clubbell folks might call these moves front-back circles, but what's in a name, right?

On my recovery days, I did some sessions of GMB Respiration and GMB Recovery. My Friday Isochain workout was a repeat of the Monday one, in which I try to go for 120-second holds. Something about how I trained Romanian deadlift, followed by body shaking and hang pose, triggered soreness in my left buttock. I did the Chen Zhenglei style "nervous kick", followed by modified pigeon pose to get rid of the soreness. Then for good measure, I did some drills from GMB Recovery that seemed to focus more on lower body.

No comments:

Post a Comment