Monday, June 28, 2021

Isochain Iron Man Prep: 1-Rep Max test results

Here are the results for the 6 selected exercises for Iron Man:

Romanian Deadlift at High Angle - 231 lbs. The very first time I tried Romanian deadlift with Isochain, I think it was at this angle, and felt uncomfortable for my lower back. This was several months ago when I was considering alternatives to the regular deadlift. I ended up choosing the Hack Deadlift. This time I was pleasantly surprised to find my lower back held up fine. Perhaps the conditioning of my lower back was improved by working on Zercher Squat, Bent-over Row, and maybe even Shoulder Press. In any case, I felt more confident about applying more force for the 1-rep max test.

Bicep Curl at High Angle - 62 lbs. I tried not to apply too much force during testing, to avoid aggravating my Golfer's Elbow. The spiraling external rotation action taught by Red Delta Project helped.

Shoulder Press at High Angle
- 51.8 lbs. I decided to train at medium angle instead, even though I tested at high angle, because it seems like the best angle to work at for building up the desired slow-twich muscle fibers. At medium angle, I was started to max between 55 and 58 lbs. towards the end of my latest Promethean cycle. Iron Mman protocol calls for a minimum load of 20% of 1-rep max, so at my current level, I'd be working with about a 10lb. target load if I go with about 52lbs. as my max, or 12lb. target load if I go with 60lbs.

Zercher Squat at Medium Angle - 190 lbs.

Bent-over Row at High Angle and Supinated Grip - 141 lbs.

Calf Raise - 259 lbs. I didn't expect to score this high, but then again I haven't worked much with weighted calf raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment