Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Elements: Week 1 Day 3

Focus: Frogger

Floating Table Top - Pretty much same as Day 1

Frogger - Was able to practice the full 5 min., taking only a 2-second break to stand up, turn around, and perform the Frogger again. Focused more on initiating an active push, as I transition out of the deep squat into the Floating Table Top, then maintaining the active push - keeping those shoulder blades spread apart as long as possible.  What I need to continue working on is smoothly transitioning from Squat to Floating Table Top, then transitioning back to Squat with as much smoothness and control as possible.  By the middle of my session, I had noticed that I tended to rush through the Floating Table Top or even skip it - slowing down and not skipping it delivers a better workout for the abs, shoulders, etc.

Cooldown - Realized that Cobra and the Bhujangasana I used to practice under the Viniyoga program for low back rehab is actually the same Yoga pose - in fact, the latter is the Sanskrit name of the former.  The difference is that the Viniyoga low back program version emphasized exercising the back, whereas the Elements version emphasizes the stretch of the chest and abs.  So to get a better handle on Cobra, I now use my back to gently raise my head and chest off the ground as high as possible, then use the arms to push the torso further up to stretch the abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment