Saturday, February 24, 2018

Elements: Week 1 Day 1

Today is my official first day under the updated Elements program.  The theme for today is assessment, but it was not an easy workout by any means.

Warmup Routine - Been practicing this for a few days now, including the test Frogger session from last Thursday.  One minor addition I've made is the Quadruped Twist To Roll To Plow from the newly published BJJ Mobility Routine.  I just like what this sequence does for my neck.

A-Frame - I wasn't able to hold this posture for the entire 5 min, but my endurance was better than expected.  I'm sure it's not the best looking A-Frame but the pointer to push the butt as high as possible helps a lot.  A new tweak from my previous work under Elements is the direction to keep the knees and feet shoulder width apart rather than hip-width.  This seems to allow me to push the heels closer to the ground.

Squat - Deep squat position has been easy for me. Played a bit rising out of it and lowering back into it with an emphasis on maintaining posture.  The limiting factor is soreness on the insteps of the feet - otherwise I feel like I could sit in the deep squat for the full 5 min.  I guess I could play with the positioning, where I'm concentrating my bodyweight, etc. and thus look for a way to relieve the load in the insteps.  I'll also look into improving the arch of my feet as I'm flat-footed.

Floating Table Top - Pretty much the same experience as in the test Frogger workout.

Cooldown Routine - Same experience as a couple of days ago, except I had the time to do the 3-point Bridge at the end too. Thankfully, my bad shoulder responded fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment