Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Rings One: Phase 2: Level A Above The Rings

Today was my first session using my latest idea - subbing the Tuck To Bent-Arm Stand on the parallettes for the Tuck To Tuck Shoulder Stand on the rings.  They're almost the same movement, though the Tuck Shoulder Stand on the rings is a lot harder to do than the Bent-Arm Stand on the parallettes due to the instability of the rings.

Rings One advises practicing the Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand until one is ready to lift both feet off the ground.  However, I figured if I can do the movement on the parallettes already, it would be more fun, and possibly more productive, to practice the movement on the parallettes until I can do it for at least 3 sets of 6 reps in good form and ease, then try to do the movement on the rings.

Dips (rings) - 2 sets of 6 reps
Tuck To Bent Arm Stand (p-bars) - 3 sets of 3 reps
Tuck Hold (p-bars) - 3 sets of 15-sec. holds
Hanging Knee Raise (rings) - 2 sets of 4 reps, 5 sec. hold per rep and pause in Top Position for RTO (rings turn out).

The Hanging Knee Raises are one of the core/lower-body supplemental exercises prescribed for preparatory training for the L-Sit.  I'll continue practicing the other core/lower body supplemental exercise (Front Scale) on the in-between days, otherwise it's just too much time for one session.

Some weird tension in my right forearm.  I think it's a technique issue - have to work on it.  The bruises on my palms are well-scabbed over but they're still sensitive enough to pressure to be a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment