Friday, November 20, 2015

Rings One, Level A, Phase 2: Week 6 Report

Above The Rings

Dips - 8 reps max.

Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand - 6 reps max.

Hanging Knee Raises -  7 reps max.

Below The Rings

Pull-ups - 9 reps max.

Inverted Tuck Roll Chin-Up - 6 reps max.

Skin The Cat -  5 reps max.

Supplemental Exercises

Pistol Squats (counterweight-assisted) - 5 reps max.

Tuck Sit To Bent Arm Stand (parallettes) - 2 reps max.

Kind of interesting that despite doing two Above The Rings sessions and one Below The Rings session this week, my performance in the Below The Rings exercises improved while staying the same for the Above The Rings exercises.  I wonder if the pattern will repeat next week, with improvement showing in the Above The Rings exercises, and none in the Below The Rings exercises.

Progress on the Tuck Sit To Bent Arm Stand has been good this week.  At the start of the week, I could barely do one rep, starting from the Bent Arm Stand, with shaky control.  Today, I did two reps per set.  My technique still has room for improvement, particularly the coordination involved in rolling forward, but the progress is encouraging.  For today's Above The Rings session, I attempted to roll forward from the Tuck Sit position into the Tuck Shoulder Stand.  As expected, this movement is still much harder for me on the rings than on the parallettes.  Just attempting the move is much more strenuous than starting in Tuck Sit, then lowering my feet and walking them back.  My guess is that I need to be able to do at least 3 reps of this movement on the parallettes with solid technique before I'll be able to do my first complete rep of the same movement on the rings.  I might need to be able to do as much as 5 reps... or maybe even more.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment