Friday, November 13, 2015

Rings One, Level A, Phase 2: Week 5 Report

Above The Rings

Dips - 8 reps max.

Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand - 6 reps max.

Hanging Knee Raises -  7 reps max.

Below The Rings

Pull-ups - 8 reps max.

Inverted Tuck Roll Chin-Up - 5 reps max.

Skin The Cat -  4 reps max.

Supplemental Exercises


Pistol Squats (counterweight-assisted) - 5 reps max.

Tuck Shoulder Stand Holds (parallettes) - 45 sec. max.

Barely perceptible progress within Rings One itself, but I did achieve a significant milestone:  My first fully unassisted Tuck Sit to Bent Arm Stand on the parallettes. I find it easier to start the movement from the Bent Arm Stand rather than the Tuck Sit, because it’s easier to roll back from the Bent Arm Stand into the Tuck Sit, than it is to roll forward in the other direction.  Because I just barely gained the strength to do this movement, I can probably do at most 1.5 reps (start in Bent Arm Stand, do one complete rep back to Bent Arm Stand, roll under control back to Tuck Sit to finish).

Since the purpose of the Tuck Shoulder Stand Hold practice was to build strength towards the Tuck Sit to Bent Arm Stand,  starting next week I will replace that hold with 1-2 sets of this movement after each ring session, with 1.5 reps per set.  The idea is that as I gain skill and strength in this movement, I will get closer to achieving the similar move (Tuck Sit to Tuck Shoulder Stand) on the rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment