Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Today's training

I didn't have a great Above The Rings session today - just ok.  I think it was because I didn't sleep very well due to my ongoing aches/pains in my hips.  I'm a side-sleeper - it's hard to break that habit.

On the plus side, I tried the Tuck Sit to Tuck Shoulder Stand move on the parallettes and found that I'm closer that I thought to doing the move fully unassisted.  The key seems to be to maintain downward pressure on the parallettes throughout the movement.  I have a tendency to ease up on this pressure as I roll forward from the Tuck Sit towards the Tuck Shoulder Stand.  I can roll back from the Tuck Shoulder Stand to the Tuck Sit without touching the floor with my feet - once in a while anyway.

My "off-day" routine (the weekdays between Rings One sessions) has been this of late:

- Rings One Warmup routine

- 2-3 sets of counterweight-assisted pistol squats (currently 4-5 reps/set - only done if not bicycling to work)

- Tuck Shoulder Stand Holds (parallettes) of at least 20 seconds (1-2 sets).

- Bicycle ride to work (12-14 miles) - if not doing pistol squats.

Based on today's discovery, I will replace the Tuck Shoulder Stand Holds with Tuck Sit To Tuck Shoulder Stands on the parallettes, with "foot walking" assistance as needed.  I will limit myself to 2 sets to try to avoid overtraining.

No comments:

Post a Comment