Friday, October 23, 2015

Rings One, Level A, Phase 2: Week 2 Report

Above The Rings


Dips - 7 reps max.

Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand - 3 reps/set.

Hanging Knee Raises -  6 reps max.

Below The Rings


Pull-ups - 6 reps max.

Inverted Tuck Roll Chin-Up - 5 reps max.

Skin The Cat -  4 reps max.


In addition I have started practicing pistol squats and the Parallette Tuck Shoulder Stand - 1-2 sets each - at the end of each Rings One session.  I also practice them on the in-between days, along with the warmup and cool down routines.

While I still unable to perform a tuck shoulder stand on the rings, I improved my best hold time in the parallette tuck shoulder stand to 30 seconds.  When I first started doing a true tuck shoulder stand on the parallettes, my feet still hovered a few inches above the floor.  I have since learned that by lifting my feet higher, and also raising my hips so that my torso is at a greater angle in relation to the floor,  I get an interesting sensation of my lower body floating up like a balloon.  I guess this has a lot to do with body mechanics and balance points.  Sometimes I feel my lower back working a bit to raise the lower body a little higher off the ground.  I may have the upper body strength to get into the tuck shoulder stand on the parallettes and hold this position for up to 30 seconds, but it seems that my control still isn't good enough to do the same thing on the rings yet.  There's always a few seconds of fiddling around with body positioning, weight distribution, etc. before my hips start to rise into the air almost effortlessly.  I think that "fiddling around time" needs to be reduced to improve my chances of performing this skill on the rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment