Friday, October 09, 2015

Parallettes One, Level B, Phase 1: Week 17 Report

Progress on Workout 1 Exercises 


Plank Push-Ups - 9 reps max

Plank Jump to Dip -  12 reps/set

Battle Rams, Version 2 - 10 reps/max.  Back to the Phase 1 version.

Tuck Hold - 7 sec. hold per leg when keeping one leg tucked and extending the other as far forward as possible.

Mt. Climber Holds -  12 reps max.

Progress on Workout 2 Exercises


Tuck Swing to Top Plank - 10 reps max.

Tuck Shoulder Stand Hold - Initiated each hold from Tuck Hold, walking the feet back, then getting into Tuck Shoulder Stand.  This is the same as the Assisted Tuck Hold to Tuck Shoulder Stand in Rings One, Level A, Phase 2.  I also worked on increasing the angle of my torso in relation to the ground, so that my hips and feet would be higher.  12 sec. max hold.

Tuck Swings - 12 reps.

Assisted Inverted Presses -  12 reps max

Dive Bombers Standard - 10 reps.

I'm satisfied with the progress I've made in 17 weeks of training in Parallettes One, except for the L-Sit, which continues to elude me.  It was very satisfying to achieve a true shoulder stand, as well as improved pressing strength.

That said, I plan to switch back to Rings One next week.  Not being able to do an L-Sit is holding me back from progressing to Phase 2 in Parallettes One - Phase 2 includes two exercises that cannot be done if one cannot do an L-Sit.  By switching back to Rings One, I have a much wider range of exercises on which I can progress while continuing to work on my L-Sit.  I'd also like to work on my pulling strength again.  Rings One trains this more intensely than Parallettes One.

No comments:

Post a Comment