Friday, May 08, 2015

Rings One, Level A, Phase 2: Week 7 Report

Progress on the Above The Rings exercises:


Dips - Still working at the 4 rep range, 5 sets.  When I was doing dips in the 6-7 rep range, I must not have done all of them at the full range of motion.  When I had the rings set lower, forcing me to bend my knees, it was easier to cheat.

Assisted Tuck to Tuck Shoulder Stand - 3 sets of 4-6 reps.

L-Sit Hold -  Max 6 sec. holds per leg, extended as far as possible.

Progress on the Below The Rings exercises:


Pull-ups - Max reps at 8.

Inverted Tuck Roll Chin-Up - Same as last week - max reps at 6, 5 sets total.

Skin The Cat -  3 reps/set with legs untucked and thumbs out.  As the weather gets warmer, the amount of sweat generated by my palms becomes more of an issue.  I avoid using air conditioning as much as possible, but it's not that hot inside the house.  It's just warm enough to cause sweat to appear towards the end of a training session - which is a problem because the sweat is making me lose my grip prematurely.

I'm currently using Elite EXF plastic rings, which at one time was recommended by GMB for outdoor use.  They also recommended Rogue wood rings, which I didn't get at the time because I thought I'd be training outdoors more often.  I just ordered a set of the Rogue rings because I think the wood rings will be less susceptible to becoming slick due to palm sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment