Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tuesday Workout

Despite refraining from further swinging on the monkey bars, my already-sore left shoulder seems to have been aggravated even by merely hanging from the bar to do leg raises. I found via Google a post by Coach Summer on this discussion thread:

Postby Coach Sommer on Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm
Your hanging strength is currently insufficient for the demands of hanging leg lifts. For the time being move to another core strength element and consider using the information in the following essay to increase your shoulder stability:
http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewto ... ight=#2664

I clicked on the link he provided and he mentioned several exercises. Of those exercise, I thought an overhead support walk was a realistic option. I tried my 16kg kettlebell and realized I'd lost a lot more upper body strength than I'd previously thought, after all this time of not exercising the upper body. I couldn't military-press the KB even once, where I had been able to press it for at least 5 reps.

I thus did the following this morning:

Intu-Flow Beginner Mobility Drills
Beginner 4-Corner Balance Drill
Frog Stand Practice (60 sec. total work)
Neck And Shoulder Focus Practice from the Kraftsow DVD Viniyoga Therapy for the Upper Back, Neck & Shoulders

Tonight I'll dig out my Lifeline Chest Expanders. These were instrumental in my shoulder rehab in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment